Sunday, January 15, 2006

Blast from the Past

Blast from the Past

Wow. I got an e-mail from a former classmate on Classmates.com and it has thrown me into this tailspin of introspection. I spent three years in Germany during the eighties. I have always looked back on that period of my life with feelings of guilt and inadequacy. That is kind of sad, because I also had some really great times then.  One painful memory of a really stupid thing that I did has re-emerged. I believe that it’s time to finally forgive myself for the past transgressions and move on. After all, I was only fifteen years old.  I feel like I’ve lived a whole lifetime since then, with a whole other set of transgressions. Ha! But seriously, I have grown up, and my life focus is completely about my children, my husband and my work. That sounds kind of boring. But in truth, it’s really quite full.

No comments: